Gallia-Meigs Community Action Agency is accepting resumes for Full-time/Part-time Program Clerk for the Home Emergency Assistance Program, (HEAP). MUST have excellent computer skills, good math skills, organizational skills, able to work with persons of all socio-economic backgrounds and capable of working under stress. Must be a high school graduate or equivalent and have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation. Submit resume with work history and background to GMCAA, Attn: Debbie Cundiff, PO Box 272, Cheshire, Ohio 45620, or deliver to our main office at 8010 SR 7N, Cheshire, Ohio 45620. Resumes will be accepted through Monday, 10/10/2016, 4:00PM. Gallia-Meigs Community Action Agency is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Gallia Meigs Community Action Agency Help Me Grow has a job opening for a part time to full time Home Visitor. This is a voluntary program for families with children from pregnancy up to the age of five. The Home Visitor initiates and maintains long term and comprehensive home visits and support services to Families. Home visits are family centered, strength based and focus on building trusting relationships, strengthening parent child attachment, improving the family’s support systems and protective factors, in addition to partnering with parents to assess and promote healthy growth and development.
1. Applies working knowledge of parent child interactions, child development and the dynamics of child abuse and neglect to teach nurturing parenting skills and positive discipline techniques, reduce family stress, help parents learn problem solving and coping skills while developing a trusting relationship and making regular home visits with families.
2. Refer families to appropriate community agencies and maintains knowledge of community resources. Acts as an advocate for families by collaborating with social service agencies and promotes interagency coordination to and from partner agencies.
3. Establish family plans to meet individual family needs as identified through, but not limited to, the family assessment.
4. Administers developmental assessment tools to monitor progress of child development and parent/child interaction skills along with other family dynamic assessment tools.
5. Maintain accurate, complete and confidential records and records client observations and activities in a timely manner on paper and/or on an online data base.
6. Participates in regular staff meetings, weekly meetings with supervisor, trainings and community meetings.
7. Respects the confidentiality of information about Help Me Grow children and families, all GMCAA staff and personnel issues and agency operations.
8. As a mandated reporter must report incidents of suspected child abuse and neglect to appropriate children’s protective services and supervisor.
9. To coordinate and facilitate parent meetings and activities.
10. And other duties as assigned.
1. Must hold at minimum an AA degree from an accredited school in Human Services/ Early Childhood or related fields.
2. Must have Valid Driver’s license and insurance and reliable vehicle.
3. Must be detailed oriented and have proficient skills in Word, Excel.
4. Must be willing to enter the homes of diverse families and situations.
5. Must have excellent communication and organizational skills.
6. Must submit to a criminal background check.
Apply to: Send resume including education, experience and references to
GMCAA Help Me Grow
1369 Powell Street
Middleport, Ohio 45760
Deadline: Until position is filled
Gallia Meigs Community Action Agency is an Equal Opportunity Employer